PADS Adaptive Dragon Boat Team
The PADS Adaptive Dragon Boat Team invites you to join the movement of creating a Disability-Inclusive Filipino Society. As the Philippine first ever Cross-Disability Dragon Boat Racing Team, PADS is paving the way for this and future generations of PWDs to engage and participate in sports across the country. Our Adaptive Sports Program expands the avenues for mainstreaming the inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in all aspect of society.
In 2017, our team is competing in three major international races:
- Boracay International Dragon Boat Race, April 20-22
- Cebu International Dragon Boat Fiesta, April 28-30
- The International Paradragon Championship at the 2017 Hong Kong International Dragon Boat Race, Victoria Harbor, Hong Kong, June 2-4.
A few quick lessons learned from our Races
- On the water, there is no such thing as ‘disability’. It’s all about mindset and courage
- Anything is possible. In the last 6 months, we have moved from being a ‘nice to have’ team, to an essential part of the completion – a force to be reckoned with
- In Dragon Boating – nothing is more important that the team. We are greater than the sum of our parts. We are family
- We Paddle Hard, but Party Harder – a key component of our success comes from our unrivaled commitment making the most of, and loving life
What You Can Do
We would like you to be part of the first ever Adaptive Sports Program in the community of Cebu, the Philippines. Together, we can create, strengthen, and expand a PWD-inclusive Filipino society by ensuring that PWDs appear alongside other citizens as active participants in the sports and physical activities.
You can support the team by donating.
For more information on the team, check out our media write ups in